Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cloud Cult - The Meaning of 8

37 degrees and sprinkling - reminds me of winter back home

I was almost all the way to the A&W before this album started up and I'm afraid I have to refuse admiting what was playing before then. After all, this is the very first post.

Cloud Cult is a pretty recent addition to my music collection thanks to Aric at work. I have gotten way into their Feel Good Ghosts album. So with a Christmas gift card from Doug, I downloaded this older album. The thing that is way cool about these guys is you really don't know what to expect as a new song starts up. Some are beat-heavy, some are acoustic, some distorted, and sometimes the whole mood changes several times within the same song. I made it through the first 5 and 1/2 songs before getting back home and I am already a fan with 13 songs left on the album! Please, please listen to Chemicals Collide:



Love it like me? Hate it? Perhaps I will report back later with my thoughts and feelings on the rest.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you now have a blog. Maybe you should put me on your blog list. Maybe I will post more important things that would necesstate you putting me on your blog list.
    I am going to listen to your song RIGHT NOW

    ReplyDelete